Extended family photos are a wonderful way to document the family growing over the years. I have photographed this family before and it is so fun seeing the changes and growth. If you are thinking about extended family photos, you should do it. Here are some tips to make the photo session go more smoothly.
1. Have one person be the main decision-maker for the group and main contact.
2. Ask for a shot list prior so you can refer to it during the photoshoot.
3. Keep it simple. Resist the urge to shoot in multiple locations, children often are done after the first two locations.
4. Choose a family-friendly location.
5. Shoot the large family photos first then break off into smaller groups.
6. Give clear directions for poses.
7. Have fun!